Sundance Square's "The Biggest Comic Strip in Texas" Wins Numerous Addy Awards
Sundance Square's "The Biggest Comic Strip in
Texas" Wins Numerous Addy Awards
FORT WORTH, Texas (March 7, 2013) - “The Biggest Comic Strip in Texas,” an installation surrounding the construction sites in Sundance Square, won numerous ADDY® Awards at the 2013 American Advertising Federation Fort Worth (AAFFW) awards gala on Feb. 22. The ADDY® Awards represent creative excellence by recognizing all forms of advertising from anywhere in the world.
In each category, a GOLD ADDY® is recognition of the highest level of creative excellence. The Gold ADDY winners will now move on to compete for regional district awards. Entries that are also considered outstanding receive a SILVER or BRONZE ADDY®. Sundance Square credits the following people to this outstanding landmark.
- Brian Pierce: Writer/Creative Director/Brian Pierce Marketing
- Jimmy Mowry: Art Director/Colorist/Mowry Creative
- Kerry Gammill, Illustrator/Monsterverse Entertainment
- Tracy Gilmour, Marketing Director/Sundance Square
- Britten: Banner Printer
“The Biggest Comic Strip in Texas” received recognition for the following awards:
- Gold ADDY in the category of Non-Traditional Marketing
- Gold ADDY in the category of Elements of Advertising, Illustration Campaign-
- Silver ADDY in the category of Consumer Multi-Media Campaign, Local-
- Silver ADDY in the category of Copywriting-
- Silver ADDY in the category of Four-Color Brochure-
- Silver ADDY in the category of Elements of Advertising, Single Illustration
“We had a lot of fun creating this campaign which has brought so much awareness to Sundance Square,” said Tracy Gilmour, Sundance Square’s director of marketing. “We wanted to do something that paid homage to our history, but also reflects the current environment of building for the future. It is a great testimony to our team to be recognized by the American Advertising Federation.”
The American Advertising Federation, a not-for-profit industry association, conducts the ADDY Awards through its 200 local advertising clubs in 15 districts. It is the only creative awards program administered by the advertising industry for the industry, and is the world¹s largest advertising competition with nearly 50,000 submissions annually.
Sundance Square is a vibrant 35-block commercial, residential, entertainment and retail district where people work, live, shop and dine among beautiful landscaping, red-brick streets and turn-of-the-century buildings. More information about Sundance Square can be found at www.sundancesquare.com.